As you go through the trials and tribulations of improving your fitness, you are going to get sore. From time to time; we all need a little help feeling better, faster. When that happens, we want to arm you with a plethora of ways that you can do just that!
Below is a list of methods of keeping any soreness and/or small nagging injuries from becoming anything significant. The list below is shown in order of severity.
- Proper Nutrition. This is your first line of defense that will allow your body to operate properly in the gym, heal up after & repair itself. Want help with your Nutrition? We’d love to help!
- Proper Sleep. Making sure you get not only the right amount of sleep; but the right type, is a no-brainer! Everyone needs sleep, but getting that deep sleep (REM sleep) is where the repair & recovery will really kick in. Make sure you put down the screens before bed, sleep in a cool room and cap any caffeine intake (Coffee, Workout stuff, Energy Drinks) 6-8hrs before you want to be in bed.
- Stretching & Mobilizing. Making sure you give yourself 5+ min a day of proper stretching & mobilizing will go a long way at keeping those nagging stiff muscles in a happier and more supple state.
- Three amazing resources for this are MobilityWOD, ROMWOD and your Coaches! Before you leave the gym from your WOD, ask your coach for a stretch to do when you get home, they are a great resource!
- Seeing a Manual Therapist. When things start to nag at you a little more than you can handle, it’s time to get some assistance. Whether you get a deep tissue massage, acupuncture, cupping or something a bit more aggressive like some Granston work; these methods are an amazing way at getting you back into action!
- Forge Fitness really appreciates that we have a great relationship with Carmen over at Integrated Wellness Systems!!
- Seeing a Sports Physical Therapist. If things ever get beyond the point of resting and getting some manual therapy; we still have you covered! We know of a great PT that won’t tell you to stop exercising but will help you recover, heal and keep you moving so you can get back into it and be healthy!
- Adam over at Sports PT (in Henrietta) is the man to get in to see!
As you can see, the first 3 are in your hands and are the easiest to do in order to take care of yourself. If things get beyond that; we still have the ability to help. If you have any questions from here, please talk to your coaches!